How to Fix ‘Dns_Probe_Finished_No_Internet’ Error – The Internet has become the part and parcel of our life, from all the official works to the social media wiring everything revolves around the internet. So while surfing the internet when you are unable to load the content, and it gets stuck, this becomes very frustrating. And when something like this happens then it is because of the DNS server error. So Fix Dns_Probe_Finished_No_Internet Error is the only solution here.
Fix ‘Dns_Probe_Finished_No_Internet’ Error
DNS Probe Finished No Internet Error can be Fixed by changing the default obtained DNS server address to open DNS server. So if you too have been frustrated with the same issue, then the below give steps will be a real help to you to solve the problem.
Using Command Prompt
This method is yet easy and does not require much work to be done. You just need to type simple commands to remove this error.
- First, you need to type cmd in the search box area, or you can even use a short cut key that is windows key +R
- The windows command prompt will be open
- Then click enter and open the Windows command prompt and type the below-given code
netsh winsock reset
- After typing the command press enter and then restart your laptop or computer.
In case still the problem is not solved then you need to release a New IP Address. For releasing new IP address follow the given
- You need to open the command prompt and type the following
- ipconfig /release and then enter.
- Then to renew the address you need to type ipconfig /renew and click enter again.
Remember that there is a space between the ipconfig and slash. In case you do not follow the format the command will fail. Now all you need is to flush the DNS to get rid of the problem
- Open up the command prompt and type ipconfig / flushdns and click enter
- Now restart the computer again.
Change the Default DNS server to Open DNS
- On the Windows taskbar, right-click on the network icon and then select Network and Sharing Center.
- Find the Local Area Connection and enter
- From the new window, you need to click on Properties.
- After that select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click on Properties
- Open up the new windows and select the – Use the following DNS server addresses, tab
- You will find a box displaying the DNS address
- Then in the preferred DNS server box, you need to type – 188.8.131.52
- After that move to the alternate DNS server box and type – 184.108.40.206
- Mark the box – Validate settings upon exit and click Apply
This is the most reliable method to get rid of the DNS error you can easily tab to the other preferred DNS address too. Now trying to reload the webpage and see if the problem has been solved.
Clearing the Cache and Reinstalling the Browser
For Chrome, you can easily follow the below-given steps to clear the cache
- Click on the Customize and control button in the top right corner
- Then click on settings
- From the setting, select Show advanced settings from the drop down menu.
- You will be able to see Clear Browsing data from the privacy section
- Open a new window and then select In the new window check the box that has cookies and Other site and Plug-in Data and then clicks on clear browsing history or data.
Clear Cache in Firefox Browser
How to a Clear cache in Firefox browser?
- First at the top right corner you need to select history from the drop down menu
- Click on details
- Check cookies and then cache and click on the clear browsing data
After clearing the cache and cookies, you can uninstall the browser and then download the browser once again and install it. The process might take a while, but surely this will work. Or you can even use a new browser instead of using the old one. You can opt for uc browser or opera whichever is compatible for a smooth run.
Other DNS Related: DNS Server not Responding Error
The methods mentioned above are tested and reliable, but you need to follow the commands step by step to reset the DNS address. Do not miss out any step or the process will be canceled in between.