DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION [Fix] Blue Screen in Windows 10 – Being a regular user of laptops and computers dealing with bugs has been a routine. External viruses cause not all bugs, but even few errors are because of the hardware problems too.
Also, some of the Windows 10 users are facing the same error, and they have also received the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with a Blue Screen on the monitor.
Sometimes while working you may also receive the Bug Check code- 0x00000133. If you have been countering problems like this, then you have been countering the same error.
Fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen in Windows 10
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error is caused due to the iastor.sys driver. So if you have been facing problems in the installation of the drivers, then this error will be shown on the screen. This might be because the drivers installed are not compatible with the Windows 10 version.
Well, even the Microsoft knows about the same error and is still investigating it and trying to find a permanent solution to prevent the drivers from getting corrupted. The reason behind the error caused in the drivers is when we upgrade the versions of Windows 10.
As to deal with the problem, Microsoft has come up with an alternative driver to replace with the other migrated one that is Microsoft iastor.sys driver. Follow the below-given steps
- First, you need to right-click on the Start button to open the WinX Menu.
- From there select Device Manager.
- Expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
- Then you need to Select the controller and replace SATA AHCI
- To verify that you have selected the right controller option, you need to right click the controller, and then select Properties, then click the Driver tab, and then click on Driver Details.
- Then, at last, verify iastor.sys as it is mentioned in the list of the given drivers.
- Click OK.
- Select Update Driver, from the given Driver tab.
- Next, you need to select Browse, my computer for driver software.
Before coming up with all the errors addressing the computer at once, it is necessary that we make a scan test on the computer for a safe and secure run. By this scan check, you can easily check the problems that affect the computer or laptop.
- The first step is to download PC Repair and Optimizer Tool that is, WinThruster which is compatible with Windows 7, XP, Vista
- The second step is to click on the Start Scan tab so that the issues can be displayed on the screen.
- Then click on the tab Repair All, to fix all the bugs.
Also, you can arrange a daily or routinely check up on the health of your personal computer. The scan will run through to the computer and will sort out all the issues for a smooth run.
The issues in driver cause the DPC Watchdog Violation. When the error occurs, Windows 10 make a dump file about the data that is to be cracked. That is c:\windows\memory.dmp
DPC Watchdog Violation Error
What is the Cause of DPC Watchdog Violation Error?
As we have already talked about the reason of why the error is caused, therefore the drivers that effect the system is when we try to use the touchpad. The problem occurs when you use the laptops.
Fix DNS Server isn’t Responding – Solved
In case to avoid such problem one can use a USB cable mouse or Bluetooth mouse for negative. If the Windows 10 does not start properly, then you need to start the computer in the Safe Mode.
- Then the next thing that you have to do is to uninstall the touchpad driver.
- You can easily do this by clicking on the Device Manager tab.
- First, go to the Windows Key then you need to type device manager and click on the Device Manager
- Click on the arrow that is next to pointing devices
- Then Right click on the touchpad driver and click Uninstall. The driver will be uninstalled
The above-given steps should help you stop the all the driver related issues and until the updated version of the drivers is released and compatible with the version of Windows 10.
So for a safer side until then it is necessary to keep the drivers disable. Or if you do not uninstall the drivers later it will be automatically updated, and you will face the same trouble again.